Sunday, June 10, 2007

June 10th

Hola!
I have received some emails recently about whether or not it is ok to pass my blog site on to others. To answer concisely, yes. I love it that people want to read about my experiences so pass the site along to anyone.
Last night in Buenos Aires was absolutely amazing. Where do I start? Well, to set the scene, a few of my friends from Minnesota are here in Buenos Aires traveling for a few weeks. For those of you who may know them, they are Britta McCloskey and Jessie Kalin, two of my favorites. Last night I met them and their traveling companions at a restaurant in Palermo, the barrio(neighborhood) that is known for having the best restaurants in town. We ate at a restaurant called Eh Santorino! It doesn’t specialize in any particular type of food; rather it has a bit of everything. We ordered together and when the food came, we literally filled up the entire table. Different meats, cheeses, salad, pasta, vegatables, and pretty much anything you can think of made quite a scene. I’m not a wine drinker, but the girls ordered a few different types on vino from Mendoza (their equivalent of our Napa Valley) and said they were absolutely amazing. After we went through all the food on the table we ordered what ended up being the largest dessert sampler platter in modern history. I didn’t have my camera with my, but the girls did. I’ll upload the pictures when I have a chance. Dulce Doliche, which is a really thick caramel sauce, is the most popular dessert here. That along with every different type of chocolate one can imagine and some flan made for some very full Americans.
After dinner we went to a dance club called Mint. It was very different than the other clubs I have been to here, mainly because it consisted of almost all Argentine’s. That being said, I need to make a correction to a former blog I posted. I said that the men here are very good looking but the women are nothing to boast about. WRONG! I just hadn’t been to the right places. This was a younger, college crowd filled with Spanish and Italian beauties (the majority of people living here come from Spain or Italy). I didn’t dance with any of them, I am still a bit intimidated, but I had a wonderful time dancing with friends from home and admiring the scenery. We danced the night away, literally. This club didn’t open until 1 am and when we left at 5 am, the place was still packed. I don’t know how they can do it. I was practically falling asleep on the dance floor at about 330, but wanted to tough it out to get the full cultural experience. I don’t think I want to stay out that late again, but it was quite the one time experience.
Tonight I have plans to go to a tango show with some friends. I will be paying close attention to all the steps so I am a pro once I finish my lessons. I also have hopes to walk around part of the city called San Telmo. It is known for having a huge antique strip on the weekend, especially Sunday. I’m guessing the majority of the stuff is junk, but fun to see regardless.
Before I sign off I have one last note. I really enjoy receiving updates from everyone back home. It’s nice to stay connected with everyone and feel as though I know what’s going on. So keep the emails coming, and if you haven’t sent any, now is the perfect time to start. Ford0198@gmail.com
Nos Vemos!
Chris

No comments: